Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Greatest Yarns of All TIme

When one works in a knitting store, one always feels pressed to knit garments out of yarn that the store carries. At least "this one" did. Now that I am no longer working at a store- the first time in over 10 years- it has freed me to knit whatever I like. And also, since I am no longer working at a store, I have to limit myself to what is in my stash. NO PROBLEM! I am shopping in my stash and it is such fun! I have been pondering over my personal faves. As the end of the year is the perfect time to do a Top Ten, this week, I will be featuring THE GREATEST YARNS OF ALL TIME. In no particular order.

Schoolhouse Press Laceweight Icelandic- Could there be a more versatile, interesting yarn out there? One can use it single as lace weight, doubled for garments. It is warm, gorgeous and very well priced.
http://www.schoolhousepress.com/



I am hoarding this yarn to make Meg Swansen's Ram's Horn Cardigan. If you do not have the book, "Meg Swansen's Knitting, by all means go to Schoolhouse Press immediately, and buy it. Every sweater is an heirloom.


 It is a grey, rainy day today.



Perfect for tea and a little sewing.


Have a cozy, nice day. More yarns tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I have seen this yarn on the Schoolhouse Press site and have always wanted to work with it but I have a hard time with the fuzziness of alpaca. It gives me a headache and fear this might do the same. I will be ordering this book next week.

    ReplyDelete